Are you an experienced buyer and ready for your next challenge? Do you have relevant experience within an international environment? Welcome to Office Depot…
We’re looking for:
- Buyer Food & Catering
- Buyer Presentations
- Buyer Specials / Retained / Bespoke
- Buyer Printers & Technology
This is who we are
We are Office Depot. We provide business supplies and services to help our customers work better – whatever their workplace. We are a single source for everything customers need to be more productive, including the latest technology, core office supplies, print and document services, business services, facilities products, furniture, and school essentials. Within Europe, Office Depot operates in thirteen countries through it’s two main brands: Office Depot and Viking, with retail stores in France and Sweden.
This is the role
As a Buyer you deliver best in class commercial terms to support growth and profitability for the nominated product/vendor portfolio. You Interact continuously with the vendor base to manage the relationship, optimize cost, product quality and supply, offering a compelling customer proposition.
- Translate the departmental sourcing process into an effective sourcing plan defining, prioritizing and implementing (multiple) optimization solutions (buying alliances, direct sourcing, e-sourcing / e-auctions and commodity sourcing) in line with customer needs, showing strong awareness of LCC sourcing including Near East/Far East/Emerging Markets.
- Identify, assess and recommend potential vendors based on set established criteria and policies. Issue requests for quotations and work closely with vendors to optimize their cost, quality and performance delivery.
- Collect, assess and discuss business requirements and needs concerning goods / services to be purchased (quantities, specifications and services levels) within the assigned portfolio and to be accountable for ensuring product meets legislation requirements
- Work closely with the associated Category team ensuring close collaboration and understanding of sourcing product requirements.
- Share vendor product and general intelligence with Category team as appropriate
- Undertake an appropriate negotiation strategy with vendors including price, rebates, quality and delivery conditions for products and / or services in assigned category or portfolio.
- Undertake a vigorous vendor selection process across agreed Business criteria
- Continuously benchmark and improve the applicable vendor base.
- Monitor market, product and price developments and communicate this internally with relevant stakeholders to support growth and profitability.
- Actively monitors and evaluates vendor delivery performance and product quality.
- Proactively mitigates the supply risk. Leads the corrective and preventive action plan process.
This is what you offer
- Bachelor or Academic level of thinking in a business related discipline with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- Strong customer focus and customer awareness
- Planning and priority setting skills, is able to work under pressure and is result driven
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Fluent knowledge of English, spoken and written. Other language skills (Dutch, German, Spanish, French and/or Italian) would be a distinct advantage
This is what we offer
We welcome you to a challenging, international environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences. At Office Depot you get the chance to develop yourself and to discover your talents. Besides that we offer:
- 24 days of leave, and in addition; 12 ADV days based on a fulltime contract;
- Opportunity to buy Office Depot products with a significant employee discount;
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance;
- Healthy work-life balance and flexible working hours
For further information about this challenging role you can contact Kirsten de Roo, via 00316-41213022.
Are you interested and do want to apply? Please send your application by using the ‘Apply‘ button.
Agency calls are not appreciated