At Albemarle, we’ve built a thriving international business by envisioning a limitless future and putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives. That’s our culture. That’s our commitment. And when you join our team, it’s an opportunity you share with talented men and women around the globe. Anyone can give you a job. At Albemarle, we believe you deserve more. Something big enough to build a future. Big enough to change the world.
We are looking for a Senior procurement Manager to drive, support, and convey the Corporate objectives throughout the Procurement organization and align the global commodity strategies to best support the Global Business Units / Corporate.
- To ensure our supplier partners fulfill service, quality and cost objectives of the Division.
- Lead complex sourcing projects by leveraging cross-functional supply chain teams, to achieve year-over-year productivity value.
- Strike the optimal balance to support the Supply Chain, the greater Procurement organization, and the Global Business Units.
- Deliver required value and benefits for Albermarle from external expenditure in Corporate Services Categories (IT / HR / Consulting Services).
- Work with global leaders to develop a fully integrated strategy for the entire categories which support the Divisional/Business and greater procurement objectives.
- The role holder will also be expected to manage leading edge projects across functions and possibly globally while ensuring compliance with procurement strategies and policies.
- Manage spend within a designated category and ensure policy adherence to overall Supply Chain / Procurement strategy (agility/service, cost, cash, and transformation).
- Accountable for delivering the commodity procurement savings plan.
- Tracking savings for projects plus ensuring savings objectives are met
Supplier Management & Market Knowledge:
- Develop & maintain an expert understanding of your respective markets and interpret global trends and information into opportunities for increasing value across Albemarle.
- Lead global change projects, including sourcing initiatives as defined in category plans.
- Manage business relationships with key suppliers.
- Ensure that Risk Management plans are developed, reviewed and maintained for the area of responsibility in line with Category & Business strategies.
- Develop an understanding of Supplier capabilities and work with the Stakeholders to develop sourcing strategies that are aligned with Albemarle’s strategic plan.
- Ensure that all business relationships within the area of responsibility are protected by appropriate contractual documents.
- Prepare, manage & oversee implementation of contractual documentation for suppliers within area of responsibility by administering the latest Albemarle contract templates and managing vendor proposed templates in a way that ensures Albemarle’s interests are protected both from a Corporate Policy and legal standpoint.
Commercial Negotiations & Sourcing Arrangements
- Develop global sourcing strategies and business cases for the Categories and ensure effective implementation and embedding of the output.
- Implement Operational support to all Key Stakeholders in (Planning, Marketing, Finance, Quality ) to ensure that consistent Global Sourcing strategies implementation and savings are followed
- Develop, review, negotiate and execute complex business agreements and contracts.
- Internal Organization
- Develop and Maintain close Relationship with all internal stakeholders.
- Ensure internal communication when appropriate.
- Be the first point of contact for escalation of issues impacting Supply Chain / Corporate: eg Quality, Service, Cost
- Sharing best practices across the Procurement Network.
- Be a leader, an actor of change and spread Team behavior.
- Develop Sourcing Strategic Value within Albemarle
- Courageous leadership in driving challenging objectives and creating the sense of urgency to overcome barriers.
- University Degree in Business and/or Procurement field;
- +5 years direct work experience in procurement within multinational manufacturing company, complex and changing environment with demanding business objectives and in a highly competitive market sector;
- Knowledge of the Chemical industry preferable;
- Experience in people management;
- Strong interpersonal and Customer Service skills;
- Adaptable, Flexible, Persuasive, Encouraging, and Motivating;
- Advanced in analysis, problem solving and creativity;
- Advance in Contract development, Supplier Relationship Management, Strong Experienced Negotiator
- Fluent English
- Ability to travel as needed;
Apply via the ‘Apply‘ button.
Agency calls are not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Amsterdam, Full-time, Supply chain manager, Cooperative purchaser.